Hello World (or more specifically, the half dozen people who actually read this crap),
It’s been a while since my last update post, so I figure it’s time for some updating. As per usual, this will take the form of a numbered list. The following is a representation of what’s been going on for ol’ Eric James-Olson:
- I still write things. Yes, I know, I know. I don’t write things on this blog very often. But believe me, I’ve been writing other stuff. What have I been writing, you ask? The answer can be found in numbers 2-4.
- A few months ago I finished editing my final book in the EJO series. I’ll be publishing Whom Cain Slew in the same manner as it’s predecessors. I’ll be doing all the prerelease stuff through Amazon, so if any of the twelve of you want a free copy, just drop me a line.
- I finished the rough draft for my first bildungsroman. It’s a difficult manuscript to describe, so I won’t bother. Instead, I’ll leave you in suspense on the off-chance that it ever becomes a real book. I won’t be looking to revise or edit it or even look at until summer.
- Over the past two months, I’ve focused most of my energy on writing short fiction. For those of you who barely know me, I’m the president for my Home Owners Association (Yep, I’m that guy). Many of the short stories are based off of my experiences with the HOA. I’m writing under my real name, Eric J Smith, and amongst my numerous rejections from literary magazines, I’ve received one acceptance so far. Reminds me of dating (Don’t tell my wife). Whenever it’s published, I’ll be sure to let you all know (All…yeah, as if there’s more than three of you).
- I completed my first few classes for my MFA. I know there are numerous opinions about MFA’s, but none of those opinions are as good as mine. Here’s my opinion: it’s totally worth it (Even more so, when your employer pays for it).
- I served as a reader for a literary journal. It’s an indispensable (strange word choice, much?) experience and I’ll be writing more about this in a post next month.
- I’ve begun building the website for Eric J Smith. I won’t post it here because it’s pretty rough at the moment, but I’ll keep you all updated. As many (Is many of a half-dozen still many) of you already know, the name Eric James-Olson was created for the EJO book series, as well as, my sarcastic series of blog posts titled “Letters on Literary Devices.” The book series is written, and I don’t do those silly posts anymore. I do, however, plan on maintaining this blog to share my writing, to share writing advice, and as a platform for writing services. So nothing will change. Whereas the other site will serve as a landing site for anyone interested in Eric J Smith, a guy who doesn’t even have a book yet.
That’s all for now. Deuces.